Array (  => June  => 21,  => 2019 )21June
- Featured Events
Munich Summer Institute 2019
Munich Summer Institute (MSI) took place in the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities from 17th – 19th June 2019 for the fourth consecutive year. The Chair for Technology and Innovation Management at Technical University of Munich (TUM), the Institute for Strategy, Technology and Organization at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich, the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition and the Center for Law & Economics at ETH Zurich have jointly organized this conference. The attendees are the researchers in economics, law, management and related fields at all stages of their career – from PhD students to full professors.
The objective behind MSI is to get inspiration for new projects and encourage the international exchange of ideas. This conference opens doors for networking within the research community. The interest in interdisciplinary research in the innovation domain makes it an outstanding conference every year. Three event days are organized by participating chairs representing their core research field on the topic of innovation research.
The Summer Institute 2019 focused on the following topics:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – chaired by Dietmar Harhoff and Joachim Henkel
- Law & Economics of Intellectual Property and Innovation – chaired by Stefan Bechtold
- Digitization, Strategy and Organization – chaired by Jörg Claussen and Tobias Kretschmer
MSI comprised of various paper presentations, discussions and poster slam pitches as teasers for the subsequent poster session. Each conference day also featured a keynote lecture that addressed the research topic of that particular event day. Keynote speakers for 2019 were:
- Alfonso Gambardella from Bocconi – on the scientific approach to entrepreneurial decision-making.
- Robert Seamans from NYU – on the variable impact of Artificial intelligence on labour.
- Catherine Tucker from MIT – on the algorithmic bias
We are grateful to the organizing partners, speakers, discussants and attendants for this successful MSI conference 2019. We are looking ahead to continue this every year. For a more detailed schedule, future and past conference summaries can be found on http://munich-summer-institute.org/
Image: © TUM / Andreas Heddergott
The post Munich Summer Institute 2019 appeared first on Technical University of Munich – School of Management.