Array (  => July  => 18,  => 2018 )18July
- Student Life
Successful start of TUM School of Management’s first International Summer School
Sustainable entrepreneurship contributes to meeting social and environmental challenges through a responsible use of knowledge and creativity. The International Summer School at TUM School of Management provides an environment for theoretical and practical learning about how to tackle the grand societal challenges of today’s world. The program bases itself on the three key principles Inform, Inspire and Interact: inform students about the challenges and knowledge required to form a sustainable business; inspire thorugh the experience of current entrepreneurs from a variety of fields and through exclusive workshops; and interact with people from all over the world by engaging in group activities designed to bring out the best of the participants.
The International Summer School 2018 includes an extensive supporting program. The participants will explore the vibrant entrepreneurial scene in Munich. Students will have the opportunity to visit leading institutions in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship and meet the founders of purpose-driven companies and experience their innovative products first hand, for example during a visit to a local sustainable brewery. Moreover, a cultural program will provide the international students with a true Bavarian experience in Munich and its stunning surroundings. It includes for example a welcome event in a beer garden, hiking in the Alps, a barbecue by the Isar river and a Munich City Bike Tour.
What students can expect from the International Summer School 2018:
- Meet and work with inspiring, like-minded people from all over the world
- Acquire a sound knowledge of Sustainable Development Goals and the grand societal challenges of the 21st century
- Benefit from the cutting-edge research and excellent infrastructure of the Technical University of Munich and the triple crown accredited TUM School of Management
- Gain insights into the work of sustainable entrepreneurs from various industries, who will share their personal stories with the international participants
- Learn about a wide range of startup tools, including the Sustainable Business Model Canvas, Rapid Prototyping and Storytelling
- Develop their own sustainable business concept in small teams guided by highly dedicated academics, entrepreneurs and coaches
- Attend various workshops and side events on the interface of sustainability and entrepreneurship
- Enjoy a varied cultural program in the evenings and at the weekend – a true Bavarian experience
Prof. Dr. Frank-Martin Belz | Chair of Corporate Sustainability, Technical University of Munich (TUM School of Management)
Prof. Dr. Nicola Breugst | Chair of Entrepreneurial Behavior, Technical University of Munich (TUM School of Management)
Ines Plum | Trainer at UnternehmerTUM
Roman Gaus | Co-Founder of Urban Farmers
Dr. Aline Menden | Co-Founder of Endeva
Rebecca Preller | Researcher at Entrepreneurship Research Institute
Thomas Vatter | Founder of Vatter Fashion
Torsten Schreiber | Founder of Africa Greentec
The program has been running incredibly well in 2018, with many engaged and motivated international students taking part in this year’s first edition. It has started on July 15, 2018, and will end on July 27, 2018.