Business Design & Innovation
- May 10th 2021
- 8 weeks
- 3.900 €
The ever-changing business environment is increasing the pressure on companies of all sizes and industries to continuously improve their products, expand or adapt their product or service portfolio, and respond to new markets. Innovation has therefore become a must-have and is no longer seen as a fancy trend. However, many companies feel overwhelmed by the complexity of the topic. Business Design brings structure to a company’s innovation processes by iterating a specific development process for building new business models, products, services or software applications. Through this process, it closes the gap between ideas and initial sales. The 5 phases “set-up, discover, design, validate & decide” make up the business design process. The result of a business design process is a draft for the management, in which the results of the individual phases, the recommended actions and the decisions are summarized by the sponsor.
Business Design and Innovation is a training education format for innovation managers, organizational developers, intrapreneurs or people interested in innovation in companies who want to establish and apply Business Design as an innovation management system in their company. The program extends over seven weeks, during which the business design process is learned using a practical case study.
Why this program?
The entire process from the initial idea to market entry is covered. The implementation-oriented approach offers participants access to both the many years of practical experience in the private sector and the entire range of scientific findings in this context. The combination of the practical experience of our partner Orange Hills GmbH and the scientific reflection of our lecturers creates a unique program in which not only the necessary methodological skills but also an understanding of the various roles and challenges in dynamic, cross-functional teams are acquired. The event in cooperation with our partner Orange Hills GmbH takes place virtually and at the same time offers a high degree of individual interaction.
- Provider TUM Campus Heilbronn gGmbH
- Academic Responsibility: Prof. Dr. Helmut Krcmar
- Certificate Business Design & Innovation Expert
- Program Fee € 3.900 (10% discount for TUM alumni)
- Target group Executives, project experts, business developers who want to qualify as innovation managers or who want to establish a structured innovation management system in their company.
- Access requirements None
- Language German
- Location Online
Each week follows the same routine (all times indicated are HEILBRONN time):
Mon. (Methodology): 03:00 to 07:00 pm
Tue. (Stand-Up Meeting): 08:00 to 08:30 am
Wed. (BDI Applied): 06:00 to 07:00 pm (optional)
Fri. (Reflection): 04:00 to 06:00 pm
Plus additional time for team coordination and individual project work
- Dates May 10th – July 2nd 2021
- Guiding principles of Business Design
- Business Design Process
- Roles involved in Business Design projects
- Qualitative interviews
- Market and competitor analysis
- Developing customer and user profiles
- Behavioral segmentation
- Business model development
- Quantitative research
- Prototyping (Software) for Storytelling and hypotheses-based validation
- Prototyping (Hardware and sensors) for Storytelling and hypotheses-based validation
- Financial Sanity Check
- Management proposal
- Dr. Bernhard Doll, Orange Hills GmbH
- Dr. Eleni Georganta, TUM
- Dr. Kirstin Knipfer, TUM
- Thomas Münch, TUM
- Dominik Maier, Orange Hills GmbH
- Dr. Karl Rabes, Orange Hills GmbH
Are you interested in this certificate or similar programs? Stay up to date!