We combine the highest level of theory impact with individually coached projects, leading to benefits for the Learner and his / her enterprise.
In this TUM Lean Six Sigma Certification course we link the…
… flexibility and efficiency of digital learning with the precision and effectivity of individual coaching.
Six Sigma is based on scientific methods and can be applied to all kinds of (business) processes. Therefore we offer our Green Belt Certification to students and employees, involved or interested in quality and productivity improvements.
Certification by a predefined Standard-Project for Students
As a student you can implement our predefined Standard-Project directly on the edX platform. Additionally to the course material you will be supported in weekly online lectures by our Master Black Belt Dr. Reiner Hutwelker.
As a Lean Six Sigma beginner register here: QPLSGBx.
If you have already acquired our TUM Yellow Belt Certificate register here: QPLS4x.
Certification by an individual Business-Project for Employees
As an employee you can implement an individual Business-Project. Additionally to the course material you will be individually coached by our Master Black Belt Dr. Reiner Hutwelker. This coaching includes about 10-14 individual online sessions to support the identification, implementation and evaluation of your certification project.
This video gives you an overview:
TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Paths and Process
DETAILS ON CERTIFICATION BY BUSINESS-PROJECTS
- Certification TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification managed by Dr. Reiner Hutwelker, Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Preparation period Anytime
- Target group Professionals and executives of quality management from production and service companies. Employees from all business areas and levels actively involved in process improvement.
- Duration Typical duration: ½ year. Maximum duration: 1 year after starting your project
- Coaching Fee €2.500 (Discounts for groups of participants from the same company)
The certification for the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt covers a theoretical and a practical part.
The theoretical foundations are taught with the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt. This certificate is acquired through the TUM/ edX Professional Certificate Program.
Please note that we do not accept any other Yellow Belt certificates because we want to make sure that all requirements for the Green Belt practice project are met.
After acquiring the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, the practical part of the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt can be started: Identification, implementation and evaluation of a certification project.
- Selection and implementation of a suitable Six Sigma project in collaboration with an organization
- Confirmation from a manager of the organization to support and evaluate all DMAIC Phases as a Sponsor
- Solution to: 1 Quality Problem, 1 Availability Problem, and 1 Consumption Problem
- Interviews with (internal) customers, two workshops with process experts, collection of real data
- Evaluation and confirmation of the project benefits
- Creation of a Project-Story-Book with all important results of the project - Completion of the project within one year
- Additional requirements Notebook with Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Excel 2010 for sigmaGuide and an appropriate statistics program, e.g. Minitab or Statistica (offers 90 days trial period)
- Program language English
- Location Digital Course
This program has GB participants from all over the world, from Brazil, China, Ecuador, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Norway, Oman, Spain, Switzerland, Russia, Taiwan, UAE, UK, USA, West Indies.
Projects are both in service sectors, e.g. call centers, cloud management, logistics, maintenance, sales, and in production, e.g order processing, manufacture of raw materials, semi-finished products, components, machines and medicines.
The average project savings are $100k. This amazing diversity in projects shows the strength of Six Sigma: the method is independent of the created product or service.
Acquire the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt by successfully finishing the:
b) Completing the three included courses separately:
This Professional Certificate is endorsed by Infineon Technologies and covers the fundamentals of the Six Sigma methodology and Lean Production for quality and productivity improvement, following the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process improvement cycle and examining how the principles of Lean production improve quality and productivity and enable organizational transformation.
The material is based on the American Society for Quality Body of Knowledge up to a Green Belt Level. For the mastering of these theoretical foundations the TUM Executive & Professional Education provides the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate.
This certificate entitles to acquire the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt after successful implementation of the certification project.
To ensure the successful implementation and certification of your project, we will check its suitability for Six Sigma. Please follow these steps:
- Download the zipped course documents (sigmaGuide, Project-Story-Book template etc.)
- Watch at least the videos:
– Cookie du Chef,
– Six Sigma Introduction: Method Process-Problem-Solving-Model,
– Six Sigma Introduction: Method Problem-Solving-Principles and
- Identify your Project-Topic using our sigmaGuide (within the course documents)
- Watch the video Project-Definition and define your project
- Watch the video Project-Story-Book and document your Project-Topic and your Project-Definition in the related template
- Complete the first chapter of your Project-Story-Book, including: your introduction, copy of your Yellow-Belt certificate, additional illustrative presentation of the project with photos and charts
- Send your Project-Story-Book to our Master Black Belt: Dr. Reiner Hutwelker (all project-related information is treated confidentially)
- We will check your project for suitability and
- Discuss it together with you in a common online session, if desired also together with the project sponsor
If your project is suitable for Six Sigma, then apply for our TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification. Please follow these steps:
- Fill in the online registration form
- Our Program Manager will contact you.
- We will submit the invoice for the course
- If your company requires an NDA please use the enclosed form (within the course documents)
- Pay our invoice
After payment your individually coached TUM Lean Six Sigma certification course can start.
After you have completed points 1-9 (step 1-2) please register here:
Win the Global Outreach Green Belt Award
TUM School of Management is offering a new, global challenge to earn a TUM-Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt free-of-charge.
For more information & registration for the award, click the button below.
I’ve been on the Lean Six Sigma program since June 2017, first completing the Yellow Belt courses and now working on the Greenbelt. The academic units were challenging and well structured. The practical part so far has offered great support and one on one interaction with Dr. Hutwelker. The coursework slots in perfectly with the implementation of the project in my company so my company are benefitting greatly by having the input of a Master Black belt. I highly recommend this course and particularly Professors Ott and Dr. Hutwelker.Helga S.,
I work for a manufacturing SME in the fast-paced and competitive country that is China.
As such, access to knowledge and industry best-practice is necessary yet challenging to get.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from TUM allows me to apply the knowledge gathered through the Yellow Belt program on a real case and with the continuous support of TUM.
In a nutshell, I am improving my company’s products and services while extending my knowledge and my colleagues’.
Given the size and resources of my company, this is not something I would have had access to otherwise.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program at TUM requires students to actually apply the information learned from the Yellow Belt program to a real work project. Choosing TUM over ASQ certification was a simple decision once I learned that you get to implement your own project at TUM. Running into the real-life problems and scenarios during each phase of the project and having Dr. Reiner Hutwelker available one-on-one to coach you through the tough times has been an extremely valuable experience. The professional experience you will gain coupled with the flexibility of the program on an online platform make this certification course ideal for all types of students all across the world.Christopher L.,
Since I started my Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program through TUM, I went through a process of “learning by doing” with heavy support of tools and coaching sessions made available by TUM. The program is set up in a logic, methodic and very well structured way, but at the same time, it is challenging me to step up by taking responsibility and leadership over my project. My work is now more visible to management and I am sure to be able to provide them solutions rather than just problems.
Continuous learning allows growth and for those interested in developing their knowledge in Six Sigma, this program simply perfect.Ana F.,
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification program through the Technical University of Munich is exciting and challenging at the same time. This program involves a real life 6 months to a year project that impacts our career and helps us show our leadership that we can enhance our education and apply what we’ve learned in a project at work. With a focus on Lean Management, our team can work smarter and not harder, eliminating waste, while still producing quality results. For anyone who is looking to grow their skillset and challenge their intellect, this is the program for you.Brad B.,