We combine the highest level of theory impact with individually coached projects, leading to benefits for the Learner and his / her enterprise.
In this TUM Lean Six Sigma Certification course we link the…
… flexibility and efficiency of digital learning with the precision and effectivity of individual coaching.
Six Sigma is based on scientific methods and can be applied to all kinds of (business) processes. Therefore we offer our Green Belt Certification to students and employees, involved or interested in quality and productivity improvements.
Are you interested in this certificate or similar programs? Stay up to date!
Certification by a predefined Standard-Project for Students
As a student you can implement our predefined Standard-Project directly on the edX platform. Additionally to the course material you will be supported in weekly online lectures by our Master Black Belt Dr. Reiner Hutwelker.
As a Lean Six Sigma beginner register here: QPLSGBx.
If you have already acquired our TUM Yellow Belt Certificate register here: QPLS4x.
Certification by an individual Business-Project for Employees
As an employee you can implement an individual Business-Project. Additionally to the course material you will be individually coached by our Master Black Belt Dr. Reiner Hutwelker. This coaching includes about 10-14 individual online sessions to support the identification, implementation and evaluation of your certification project.
Our Lean Six Sigma MOOCs have received the third award, for the course: “Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate”. We are very happy to receive this silver medal in the category: Blended Learning – Academic Division. For this Lean Six Sigma certificate we offer three paths: For corporate employees with the implementation of an individual business project, for students and job seekers with the implementation of our standard predefined pollution project. The third path is through our Go Green Belt Award, for which our certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belts can apply with an outstanding project idea on one of the 17 United Nations Sustainability Goals. This allows three Yellow Belts with the best project ideas each year to earn our Green Belt certificate at no cost. – All three paths are structured through learning materials, individual coaching, open lectures, and five reviews of the project documentation.
This video gives you an overview:
TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Paths and Process
DETAILS ON CERTIFICATION BY BUSINESS-PROJECTS
- Certification: TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification managed by Dr. Reiner Hutwelker, Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Academic Responsibility: Prof. Dr. Martin Grunow
- Preparation period: Anytime
- Target group: Professionals and executives of quality management from production and service companies. Employees from all business areas and levels actively involved in process improvement.
- Program Fee: 2,500 €* (Discounts for groups of participants from the same company)
The certification for the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt covers a theoretical and a practical part.
The theoretical foundations are taught with the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt. This certificate is acquired through the TUM/ edX Professional Certificate Program.
Please note that we do not accept any other Yellow Belt certificates because we want to make sure that all requirements for the Green Belt practice project are met.
After acquiring the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, the practical part of the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt can be started: Identification, implementation and evaluation of a certification project.
- Selection and implementation of a suitable Six Sigma project in collaboration with an organization
- Confirmation from a manager of the organization to support and evaluate all DMAIC Phases as a Sponsor
- Solution to: 1 Quality Problem, 1 Availability Problem, and 1 Consumption Problem
- Interviews with (internal) customers, two workshops with process experts, collection of real data
- Evaluation and confirmation of the project benefits
- Creation of a Project-Story-Book with all important results of the project - Completion of the project within one year
- Duration: Typical duration: ½ year. Maximum duration: 1 year after starting your project
- Additional requirements: Notebook with Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Excel 2010 for sigmaGuide and an appropriate statistics program, e.g. Minitab or Statistica (offers 90 days trial period)
- Program language: English
- Location: Digital Course
This program has GB participants from all over the world, from Brazil, China, Ecuador, Germany, India, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Norway, Oman, Spain, Switzerland, Russia, Taiwan, UAE, UK, USA, West Indies.
Projects are both in service sectors, e.g. call centers, cloud management, logistics, maintenance, sales, and in production, e.g order processing, manufacture of raw materials, semi-finished products, components, machines and medicines.
The average project savings are $100k. This amazing diversity in projects shows the strength of Six Sigma: the method is independent of the created product or service.
*Based on our experience, the German tax benefits help many of our participants to self-finance their education as these can be worth of up to 50% of tuition fees and program related travel costs. Please, consult your personal tax advisor for more details. For participants of our programs residing outside Germany this might be applicable, please check the situation with the local tax authorities in your country of residence.
In case you missed the first round of applications for 2022, future dates for 2022 will be announced soon.
Acquire the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt by successfully finishing the:
b) Completing the three included courses separately:
This Professional Certificate is endorsed by Infineon Technologies and covers the fundamentals of the Six Sigma methodology and Lean Production for quality and productivity improvement, following the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process improvement cycle and examining how the principles of Lean production improve quality and productivity and enable organizational transformation.
The material is based on the American Society for Quality Body of Knowledge up to a Green Belt Level. For the mastering of these theoretical foundations the TUM Executive & Professional Education provides the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate.
This certificate entitles to acquire the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt after successful implementation of the certification project.
To ensure the successful implementation and certification of your project, we will check its suitability for Six Sigma. Please follow these steps:
- Download the zipped course documents (sigmaGuide, Project-Story-Book template etc.)
- Watch at least the videos:
– Cookie du Chef,
– Six Sigma Introduction: Method Process-Problem-Solving-Model,
– Six Sigma Introduction: Method Problem-Solving-Principles and
- Identify your Project-Topic using our sigmaGuide (within the course documents)
- Watch the video Project-Definition and define your project
- Watch the video Project-Story-Book and document your Project-Topic and your Project-Definition in the related template
- Complete the first chapter of your Project-Story-Book, including: your introduction, copy of your Yellow-Belt certificate, additional illustrative presentation of the project with photos and charts
- Send your Project-Story-Book to our Master Black Belt: Dr. Reiner Hutwelker (all project-related information is treated confidentially)
- We will check your project for suitability and
- Discuss it together with you in a common online session, if desired also together with the project sponsor
If your project is suitable for Six Sigma, then apply for our TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification. Please follow these steps:
- Fill in the online registration form
- Our Program Manager will contact you.
- We will submit the invoice for the course
- If your company requires an NDA please use the enclosed form (within the course documents)
- Pay our invoice
After payment your individually coached TUM Lean Six Sigma certification course can start.
Win the Global Outreach Green Belt Award
TUM School of Management is offering a new, global challenge to earn a TUM-Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt free-of-charge.
For more information & registration for the award, click the button below.
Are you interested in this certificate or similar programs? Stay up to date!